Saturday Sales Assistant
Job Title: Retail Sales Assistant Saturday
Applications to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post only.
Please contact us for address details etc.
NO SOCIAL MEDIA (i.e. Facebook) applications or communication will be entered into for this application. Please phone or email if you require further information.
CLOSING DATE: 5 PM Friday 29th SEPTEMBER
Retail Sales Assistant Job Purpose: Saturday
Facilitating the sale of products in a busy family run Garden Centre located near Kington, Herefordshire.
Till operation, re-stocking, pricing, watering & plant maintenance. Selling goods to customers in the store and over the phone.
Retail Job Duties:
- Assist in preparing the store for opening and with closing at the end of the day
- Operating a cash register. Counting out the correct change
- Cleaning and maintaining the shop where required
- Pricing of stock & stocking shelves when a product is running out
- Creating retail displays & promotions
- Communicating with customers over the phone and in person, answering all questions they have about products and the store (training will be given)
- Keeping aware of what types of products are in the store and making recommendations to customers. Recommending helpful alternative when the store doesn't carry the product a customer is looking for
- Deferring to store management when a customer issue proves too difficult to handle alone
- Following procedures like dress code, customer etiquette, safety regulations, and other precautions and requirements
- Lifting heavy items when necessary
- Engaging in appropriate behaviour at all times, representing the business in a positive light
- Processing deliveries. Processing returned items
- Completing tasks as delegated by a superior such as a store manager
Retail Skills and Qualifications:
Cashier Experience, Customer Service, Communication, Team Player, Independent Worker, Attention to Detail, Cleaning, Organisation, Product Knowledge, Stocking, Inventory, Friendly, Helpfulness. Ability to create & use spreadsheets, signage & POS. Knowledge in Gardening useful.
GCSE Grade 4 (C) or above in English & Mathematics also an advantage.
Own transport recommended (not essential) as public transport difficult at times.
Salary & Hours of work:
8 hours per week.
Other days maybe available depending on candidate.
Extra hours will be available during busy times March – June & September - December and also covering for sickness & holiday.
Age related Minimum Wage applies. Ability & experience will enhance rate of pay.
3 week paid qualifying period will commence on starting.
Good luck & thank you for your interest in Lyonshall Nurseries