Job Title: Retail Sales Assistant
Part –Time (up to 35 hours) to cover Maternity leave from end September 2021
Applications to be sent by email to email@example.com or by post ONLY.
Please contact us for address details etc.
CLOSING DATE: 9AM MONDAY 13th SEPTEMBER
Please see details below and if you are interested download an application form and get it back to us before 13th September.
Retail Assistant Job Purpose:
Facilitating the sale of products or services in a busy family run Garden Centre located near Kington, Herefordshire.
Till operation, stocking, organising, display & merchandising, marketing, watering & plant maintenance. Selling goods to customers in the store and over the phone.
Retail Job Duties:
- Assist in preparing the store for opening and with closing at the end of the day
- Operating a cash register. Counting out the correct change
- Cleaning and maintaining the shop where required
- Pricing of stock & stocking shelves when a product is running out
- Creating retail displays & promotions
- Communicating with customers over the phone and in person, answering all questions they have about products and the store (training can be given)
- Keeping aware of what types of products are in the store and making recommendations to customers. Recommending helpful alternative when the store doesn't carry the product a customer is looking for
- Deferring to store management when a customer issue proves too difficult to handle alone
- Following procedures like dress code, customer etiquette, safety regulations, and other precautions and requirements
- Lifting heavy items when necessary
- Engaging in appropriate behaviour at all times, representing the business in a positive light
- Processing deliveries. Processing returned items
- Completing tasks as delegated by a superior such as a store manager
Retail Skills and Qualifications:
Cashier Experience, Customer Service, Communication, Team Player, Independent Worker, Attention to Detail, Cleaning, Organisation, Product Knowledge, Stocking, Inventory, Friendly, Helpfulness. Ability to create & use spreadsheets, signage & POS. Knowledge in Gardening useful.
Engaging in quality Social Media, update websites & newsletters an advantage. GCSE Grade 4 (C) or above in English & Mathematics also an advantage.
Own transport recommended (not essential) as public transport difficult at times. Full driving license holder to carry out customer deliveries in works van an advantage.
Salary & Hours of work:
24 -35 hours per week depending on ability & experience. Monday, Friday & Saturday required. Other days depending on candidate.
Extra hours will be available during busy times March – June & September - December and also covering for sickness & holiday.
Bank Holiday working required during busy times.
Age related Minimum Wage applies. Ability & experience will enhance rate of pay.
3 week paid qualifying period will commence on starting.